CHICAGO, Ill. – The first meeting of the Development Leadership Consortium’s 2018 class of Annual Fellows was held on September 28th, 2017 at The Lloyd A. Fry Foundation. The class of 18 Annual Fellows – the largest class in the consortium’s 20-year history—was selected from a highly competitive candidate pool of early career nonprofit development professionals.
During the first meeting of the year, the fellows met with Fry Foundation President Unmi Song and Chairman Lloyd A. Fry III. The Fellows will engage in a 9-month program where they will meet with industry leaders in the field and be immersed in many facets of philanthropy, including foundation giving, corporate giving, nonprofit recruitment, board membership, and capital campaign marketing.
The 2018 class of annual fellows is the first class under the leadership of Amy Funk, Vice President of Ter Molen Watkins & Brandt. “This program has grown exponentially over the last two decades, and I’m honored to oversee the next generation of young development leaders,” Funk said.
The 2018 DLC fellows are:
- Justin Aaron – Alumni Manager, Make-A-Wish Illinois
- Kelly Anderson – Development Assistant and Database Manager, Environmental Law and Policy Center of the Midwest
- Kevin Claxton – Development and Resource Manager, Intonation Music
- Chloe Daniels – Programs and Communications Manager, American College of Chest Physicians, CHEST Foundation
- Jenna DeMarco – Advancement Services Assistant, North Park University
- Patricia Doyle – Membership Coordinator, Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- Reynaldo Dumas – Development Manager, San Miguel School Chicago
- Rachael Everson – Development Associate, Chicago Public Library Foundation
- Tihela Feit – Development Manager, iMentor Chicago
- Amelia Garza – Assistant Director of Global Engagement, The University of Chicago
- Kacee Kellum – Stewardship Coordinator, Corporate and Foundation Giving; The Field Museum
- Sarah Kovler – Assistant Director of Principal Gifts, Northwestern University
- Maria Nelson – Individual Giving Manager, Hyde Park Art Center
- Samantha Price – Marketing Apprentice, Steppenwolf Theatre Company
- Erin Sindewald – Grants Associate, YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago
- Meagan Spellman – Assistant Director, Reunions and Affinities; The University of Chicago
- Arielle L. Steinberg – Assistant Director, Donor Events and Stewardship; Illinois Institute of Technology
- Anna Steinmetz – Development Coordinator and Liaison to the Board, Openlands
About the Development Leadership Consortium
The mission of the Development Leadership Consortium (DLC) is to mentor new fundraising professionals and to engage them throughout their careers, encouraging their growth into committed, connected leaders. Since its establishment, the DLC has grown from a small series with a focus on Chicago-based foundations to a volunteer-run 501c3 organization that offers two unique and highly competitive fellowship programs and offers a number of professional development events throughout the year. Their next event, the 2017 Philanthropy Forecast, will feature a panel consisting of Robin M. Steans of the Steans Family Foundation, Ric Estrada of Metropolitan Family Services, and Greg Cameron of the Joffrey Ballet.